The campaign was fun, especially with a friend. The graphics were awesome, and the online has a very long lasting appeal!
this game rocks! i love it like the other halos. Cod fans will be losing their edge after they try to compete with this game
I have always been a Halo fan, from CE to Halo 4. But when I bought this game, it was my favorite. Personally I think Halo is way more team based than COD, ( Although I am a COD fan too ). This game is soo much fun, from Campaign to Multiplayer, I found that the many game modes kept me busy for hours, Unlike Halo 3's. This game is all around fun. And the Campaign is awesome, because you play as your own Spartan. Great Job Bungie.
Should be rated T
This game was great except ESRB made a mistake. This was my first rated M game, and it should have definetly been rated T, this is a little bit less violent then, James Bond: Goldeneye reloaded. But it is still a great game to play, great graphics, not the best campaign, but Forge is awesome you get to design your own levels. Matchmaking (XBXLIVE) is great too.
One of the best!
This game was all around phenomenal. The campaign mode was very engaging, and the story line was interesting, playing as the newest member of the group, Noble Six. Aside from the great story mode, the multiplayer and Forge mode are fun to play as well, and there are endless list of ideas for things to build on Forge. The graphics in all three of these modes, and all of the others that I didn't mention, is timeless. Even in 2013, they are still top-notch.
- Tried and true (Halo) FPS experience that many other games have copied over the years.
- Great Co-op Gameplay allows up to four players to go through the entire game from start to end.
- Great graphics which look way better than that of Halo 3 and ODST; also there are a lots of new animations for the characters as well as tons of new unique enemy voice work to boot.
- Vehicle and turret shooting are the same as ever (for a Halo game); which is good; but the nice addition here is the new helicopter type of vehicle and even a small section of the game where you can control a space fighter.
- Armor Abilities really help out and give you a new edge in combat. Also you have a night vision mode which works and looks like the one from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- Intense multiplayer versus action either by yourself on a team; the mode has plenty of different options to choose from. This is a pretty good upgraded version of the famed Halo 3 multiplayer that now has new maps, modes, abilities, and graphics for you to enjoy.
- Fire Fight mode allows up to four players to fight waves of enemies on unique maps (based on those in the campaign) using team work and skill.
- Some slight lag and slight blurring at the more intensive moments in the game (with lots of things happening all at once).
- Can't play Forge maps in Fire Fight mode.
IF IT FITS YOUR TASTE:
- A Sci-Fi First Person Shooter with quick pacing and intense fire fights. Note: that unlike Call of Duty: Modern Warfare this is a sci-fi First Person Shooter and as such your guns must first break an enemy's energy shield before you can really hurt them also everyone is wearing battle armor so you'll still need lots of shots to kill an opponent. The thing to do here is make your shots count more so you will need to do overall less of them to an opponent; example use energy type guns to break an enemy's energy shield and always try to do head shots to your enemy for extra damage. Coming at an enemy guns blazing and either not using the right guns and/or not aiming well will only get you killed pretty quickly.
- Gameplay wise this plays pretty much like Halo 3 but with the life bar from Halo 3: ODST. The missions themselves are pretty fun and take the best bits from Halo 3 and ODST into new experiences.
- The campaign levels can be played by either yourself or with up to four other players cooperatively at one time on any stage.
- The Story is an overall a combat story going from mission to mission with nothing really tying into the overall Halo lore until the last chapter.
- Intense multiplayer action online through Xbox Live with matches as small as one on one and as big as 16 players (and even offline without using Xbox Live using either spilt screen, or system link). Halo Reach is set up similar to that of Halo 3 but with some new modes and all new maps. But much like Halo 3 in the sense that you're given a rank when you play multiplayer (this rank can go up or down at any time) this rank is representative of your skill and your matched with others of your skill type, that way new unskilled players and hardcore veterans will not often play against one another, unless they make a special match themselves that ignores rank.
- An all new Fire Fight mode (Fire Fight was originally in Halo 3: ODST), Fire Fight which plays similar to Hoard Mode in Gears of War 2 is a mode where either by yourself or with up to four other players cooperatively can play a stage about the size of a multiplayer stage and you fight against enemies that are found in the games story campaign levels in waves. You get points and an overall score on your performance for these stages.
- There is no Master Chief in the game as well (the famed character from Halo's 1 through 3). Instead you play an assortment of different SPARTANS who were on the planet Reach when it was attacked. As far as the overall Halo story goes, your team is made up of SPARTAN IIIs (with one SPARTAN II). SPARTAN IIIs are cheaper to produce and have a bit less overall combat ability then the famed SPARTAN IIs (Master Chief is a SPARTAN II). Luckily for your team they have been given all sorts of prototype armor and weapons normally left only for the SPARTAN II's to have (note not even the Master Chief had a chance to get this stuff yet).
- NO FLOOD, it should be noted this Halo title has no FLOOD aliens within it (if you've played Halo's 1 through 3 you'll know what I am talking about).
- Forge World works like a much upgraded version of Halo 3's Forge mode is a mode that lets you make and edit your own map and build your very own maps from the ground up but adding/placing walls, ramps, towers, ect you can add or take away any and all of the objects, weapons, vehicles, spawning points and flag zones. This is all done in real time in one huge worlds (and not separate maps like in Halo 3) and you can even invite your friends into this mode while you're making the map(s) or just goofing off.
- Theater Mode works just like in Halo 3 it is a video editor that lets you record and play back any and all matches from Campaign, Multiplayer, and Fire Fight, and even Forge World from the point of view of any player that was there in either first person or third person (you can even swap to a in a orbit-cam where the camera circles around the player) all of this in real time. You can also pause the video/action at anytime and still look around as a camera as well as well as fast forward and rewind the events as they unfold. BUT don't forget you must save your videos before you turn off the game or you will lose the ability to save those matches. Also note that while viewing these "videos" you can take a picture or record a snippet of footage at any time and save it to your Xbox 360 and have your friends check them out later on your profile.
this could be a movie
this game had me addicted i was playing this game so much the disk got a second ring and then it was unreadable.that is how much i played that game!
I love this game and i can't stop playing this it!!!!!!! But it should be rated teen. I like the fire fight mode.
This game kicks halo 4's @%!
The night I brought this game home I was up playing it for hours. I actually traded halo 4 in for halo reach. I would strongly recommend this halo over any other. The gameplay is just amazing. I would give this game a 15 out of 10 if I could.
One Of The Best Halo Games
This is one of my favorite Halo games in a very long time. Bungie really went out with a bang with this one. The campaign is excellent with a variety of locations that held my interest. You play as Noble 6, a new recruit to Noble team and fight on the final days of reach leading up to Halo: Combat Evolved. As for firefight it is boring to play by yourself, but if you play over Xbox live or with a friend it can lead to hours of fun. The multiplayer is great, you can buy different armor, helmets, kneepads, etc. and wear them while playing online. I would suggest this game to anyone who likes first person shooters or has played any of the other Halo games.